20 November 2008

El not-so-Famous Burrito

Unlike Mary, I had no expectations about El Famous. So the prison bare walls and institutional atmosphere were only mildly off-putting. On the other hand, the board menu behind the counter with all of three veggie options was very disappointing.

Me and my meatless nachos were paired by circumstance. Like the best possible outcome for an arranged marriage, I never fell madly, truly in love, but me and my nachos developed a trust and a comfortable companionship as I mowed my way through them.

For meatless nachos, the amount of stuff on them was truly amazing. The carrots, the roasted jalapenos, the generous glops of guac and sour cream, the mounds of cheese and beans, the standard lettuce and tomato...made the mile walk home difficult but worth the eating extravaganza.

So yes, solid B for El Famous. A for the nachos, C for the atmosphere (and that's being generous because Mary didn't even want me to go to the bathroom and leave her alone with the other patrons).

No comments: