24 October 2008

Returning to Burrito-land

I'm at the Burlington Airport, waiting for my connecting flight to DC, so I can finally, finally make it back to Chicago and burritos.

So, all that thrifting and rummage sale-ing in the mountains of Vermont for clean clothes...got me pulled aside by airport security for the ol' pat-down. Imagine, me, a five-foot tall white girl looking scary enough to get picked out of the crowd. Dude, they picked ME!

As I sit here recovering from the indignity of having my butt touched and my pockets emptied, I'm feeling a strange sense of pride. I mean, I've quite the outfit on today. I'm looking forward to Mary picking me up so she can get a good laugh out of it. Dude, I look like an extra in Cold Mountain. I look like I escaped from artist camp. I need a burrito. And a beer. Because I totally haven't been drinking enough out in the backwoods of Vermont.

4 comments:

. said...

Oh, your outfit wasn't so bad. It was funny, okay, but your Western shirt is really sweet ass. I would wear that in a second. You looked like a misunderstood writer climbing up from the valley of isolation and back into the real world full of real Chicago jackasses who drive in the wrong lane into oncoming traffic, and then honk at you for honking at them for doing something illogical and fucking dangerous. Yay Chicago! We aint no stinking valley full of western shirts!

Cortney said...

I was embarassed when I got home and looked in the mirror. That mountain man hat is really awful.

TheCakeGallery said...

dear art camp escapee...
I have to wait another WEEK before returning to san francisco for my welcome home burrito. the indignity.
i miss the church rummage already.
sincerely,
Plaid Mountain

Cortney said...

Oh, Plaid Mountain, you would be a sight for sore eyes right now. I think San Fransisco could use some of your color.