06 October 2008

A World Devoid of Burritos

So, there are no burritos to be found in the four square blocks of Johnson, Vermont. And the Studio Center leans toward more French-inspired caferteria fare. What's a girl to do in a world devoid of burritos? Read about them online, of course.

http://www.littleburro.com/

This is a website devoted to a book about finding the perfect burrito. It invites users to post their favorite burrito places in other parts of the world. The Chicago burrito recommedations have a La Pasidita theme going, proving that Mary might have good taste after all...

At dinner tonight in the VSC cafeteria, we talked about things we are homesick for. A month is a long time to be in the middle of nowhere, I guess. After discussing our pets at great length (thankfully, no pictures came out), we decided we missed vodka, cable tv, sex, and frozen pizza. And now I miss burritos. (But I miss tacos more.)

I have discovered Pumpkinhead Ale, however, which is getting me through those long and lonely burrito-less nights. And yes, beer that tastes like pumpkins is good. Very good.

8 comments:

. said...

I am homesick for Burritos on Clark. And I am at home. Hm.

Cortney said...

We will get burritos in 18 days. After, of course, I have sex, drink vodka, watch cable television, and eat frozen pizza with my cats. Priorities, you know. Good thing I'm quick at most of the things on the list...

. said...

You are going to have sex with your cats? Or your sentence writing skills have degraded at the writing colony? Or is this an experimental new genre?

. said...

Also, does that mean that I have to let you come over to watch cable television, since you don't have any? Because I'm really controlling about watching tv.

Cortney said...

Comma, comma, comma, eat frozen pizza with cats. Cats and frozen pizza, cats and frozen pizza!Sheesh. Although I was drinking that night, so who knows what I was thinking. Sasha is pretty sexy in a hat.

I'm telling you, pumpkin beer. It's going to replace the pumpkin latte as fall drink-of-choice.

Cortney said...

P.S. How old are you in that picture?

. said...

Do I look twelve? I took that in... May? May. I am 24 in that picture.

Cortney said...

Really? Yes, you look much younger. I think I'm used to you with longer hair...