19 September 2008

La Cazuela, that place on Clark and Morse

The red-awning place that Mary couldn't recall the name of was, in fact, La Cazuela.

Pros:

1. The secluded backyard garden setting made me want to be on a romantic date (sorry Mary).

2. The hand-drawn picture of Jesus crying blood tears into a cup.

3. The open-faced tacos reminded me of Taco el Jalisience in Humboldt Park at the corner of Grand and Chicago. Note to burrito places on Clark: As far as I'm concerned, you are all competing with Taco el Jalisience, which takes up a huge place in my heart. So huge, I may not ever be able to find a romantic date to eat with in previously mentioned garden.

4. The funny, homey touches that made the garden feel like a backyard. Like the grill, the trampoline, the neighbor's crap.

5. The pitcher of water our lovely server brought to us without prompting.

6. Fresh cilantro.

7. Did Mary mention how cheap this place was? Seriously, we are broke. La Cazuela fed me hugely for under $5.

Cons:

1. That orange soupy stuff was NOT salsa. I don't know what it was, but it was gross.

2. No avocados on those tacos (or Mary's burrito) although there was a huge bowl of ripe avocados on the counter when we came in. Hmmm...

3. The plastic cups smelled weird, like plastic cups are wont to do when they get older and have been washed for years with Mexican food debris.

No comments: