12 September 2008

Not burritos, but close.

Although the adventure has not officially begun, I want to discuss the tamales I had for breakfast.

So, Target (under the Archer Farms brand) makes these frozen tamales. You can get the meat kind or the cheese kind. And the cheese kind are vegetarian. I always stare daggers at the Tamale Guy because I want a freakin' tamale, but they are traditionally made with lard. So no bar tamales for me. These Target tamales were halfway decent (and came wrapped in real corn husks, which is funny for frozen food). I ate two at 9:30 am and they sat pleasantly and brick-like in my stomach until about 3:30 pm, when I suddenly felt like I might starve to death.

A lovely green chile kick, but no acid stomach burn from hell. I recommend these for the cheese-craving, desperate or cooking-impaired.

Mary had a burrito today at the Museum of Science and Industry. It looked sick. Not slang "sick," which I think means awesome, but gross like bright orange taco meat sick. Her pink lemonade was lovely, though, and only 69 cents.

And on a side note, I saw the future today at the museum, and it was awesome. Like Disney's Tomorrowland, but with no rides and real science.

No comments: